how it works
- Book a Baker's ticket for any event that takes your fancy. To see our upcoming events, click 'events calendar' in the site navigation bar. Also book up to 2 Baker's Guest tickets so you can bring along friends or family who don't need to bake.
- Bake a cake, loaf, cupcakes, biscuits, muffins or anything else you can think of. We recommend about 8-10 portions and if it needs portioning then try and do this before you arrive as we don't always have cake knives. Don’t worry if it turns out a bit wrong, ours usually do too!
- When you arrive at the event, see one of the organisers who will check you in and take your entry donation, either in cash or via the PayPal app if you have it.
We recommend around £3 for a Baker and £5 for a Baker's Guest, but we will happily take as little or as much as you can afford to donate!
- Pop your cake on the cake table and write what it is on the little card provided. If you have a recipe for your cake then put it underneath your cake on the table so others can pick it up.
- You can then try up to 3 cakes at the event. If you'd like more to take home then we suggest a 50p donation per extra item (payable at the event, all proceeds go to charity) Don't forget you can pick up great recipes at the event, or from our wiki pages
- Sit back and enjoy your cake!
Most events now also include a raffle of prizes that are cake/baking/craft related. Please bring some change to buy raffle tickets with if you'd like to enter (all proceeds go to charity)
We are working on a database of recipes from Cake Club attendees past and present. Please take a few minutes to add your recipe to the database, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
People who come to our events choose the charities that are supported. If you would like us to support a particular charity, please get in touch.